Saturday, May 7, 2011

life is worth it (part two)

Every time I read posts on givesmehope.com I see acts of God. I see acts of God and I am baffled that people don’t recognize that these acts are from God. I read about how people want to take their life and they even plan it out but at the last minute there is some person that intervenes or there is something that happens that convinces the person that life is worth it.


I see God work when I feel almost hopeless. When I am depressed and I start to fall back into things, God puts me in situations where I am asked about why I believe in God or I am placed in situations where people want to know God and ask me about Him. Its like He is reminding me why I fell in love with Him in the first place; why I gave my life to live for Him.

Why has this been on my mind so much…. Why has this concept of life and the intense fear that people around me are giving up on it and on God… why I am thinking so much about reasons to live…

Maybe it is because my moods are like rollercoasters. And I’m starting to come up out of my depression again. Another time that I was overwhelmed with the idea to give up but didn’t… praise be to God.

I can’t write this and say that I wake up ready to face the day. I struggle getting up. I struggle with the stresses of life. The idea of giving up does play in my head, but I hold on to the hope… the hope that God, whom I know without a doubt exists…has a plan and some purpose for my life. The hope that God can use me to change someone elses life like how He changed mine. The hope that He will come back for me and I will preach His Word to the ends of the earth.

My hope.. my goal I should say is to believe all the things I tell others. I can see the worth God put on others but I don’t see it for myself. Funny thing is… I don’t remember reading in the Bible where it says Jesus died for a select few.

No comments:

Post a Comment