Monday, July 4, 2011

Is God all you need?

FYI: new blog... http://jeremiahscoffee.blogspot.com/


Okay that sounds like a ridiculous question. My answer would be yes, of course God is all you need. Is that my solution to every problem, question, or concern? This is what I"m trying to figure out.

In theory I know God can help you work through anything. He can change mindsets. With your want, He can completely transform you. God gives people a purpose. He gives us millions of second chances.

So if I know all this and believe this, how come I can't jump in and fully want God to change me?

Whats bringing all this up is I'm back from Europe and over there I was good. I ate too much; I didn't obsess about my weight. I didn't have anxiety. I return home to an overwhelming amount of anxiety to the point where it hurts to breathe and I end up lying on my bedroom floor dizzy, upset, and shaky.
I'm returning to the habits I had before I left. Routine of running, having to see what my weight is (because that tenth of a pound is quite important), doing my daily critique in the mirror and going over everything that is wrong with myself. And i'll stumble my way to the kitchen packed with food that I will most likely go bad because i'm on a diet. Yes, yes, I know I see things I could force myself to stop doing and I see how this is illogical. No one needs to tell me this.

I'm afriad I'm falling back into this problem again. There is always this fear/joy in the back of my mind now that I'm going to be in the hospital. I'm going to snap again...completely lose my mind and make it harder for myself to get out of this mess.

Last night a friend gave me what he thinks may help. Quoting the Bible. So before thoughts that I know (or should know) not to be true pops into my head I should not even go forth in thinking about it. I should just say a bible verse like Isaish 26:3 or the one where it says He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I guess it could work. Maybe my fear in doing this is that it will work.

Don't I want to get better? Yes and no. When I sit on my bed upset and can't breathe yes I do want to get better. When i'm able to turn away from something people deem necessary for our existance I say no.

Maybe my question is not Is God all you need to get better....maybe it should be: How willing are you to let God heal you? What lengths are you willing to go to follow Him?

Psalm 30:2
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment